Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Story Through Shoes - Part 7

This is the last and final post for this little shoe experiment. I have been done for a while but have just been putting off taking the pictures and posting. I am actually sad to be done...I put a lot into this and I really enjoyed seeing what each shoe brought me each day. I have grown through this as odd as that sounds. Maybe I just thought of shoes as a piece of material that you own and throw away when you're done. Now, I think of shoes as a part of me; as a piece of my personality. Each pair of shoes add up to the perfect concoction of me.

Day 60 (Not worn but must be pictured)


These were my very first 1/2 marathon shoes. I literally cannot wear these shoes. Notice the inside of the heel. I had to cover that plastic with band aids and such to prevent gigantic blisters from forming on my heels. I finished this race with more joy than anyone could imagine, but promptly threw these shoes in the closet never to be worn again. I honestly think that I will never be able to get rid of these either.

Day 59:

Well, I honestly don't have any clue where or when I got these shoes. I think I ended up buying these my Senior year at PLU. I used these as hiking shoes mostly and workouts of course.

Day 58:

I bought these to go to Vegas one time. They look great, right?! Yeah, pieces of crap. I wore these one night in Vegas and left with ginormous blisters. So, I have only attempted to wear these a couple other times. I do love these because they are so cute and tiny.

Day 57:

I have owned these shoes since I was in 11th grade. I have a picture of myself wearing these shoes in one of those high school Valentine's Day photo things with all your girlfriends. Yeah of course I did that. These shoes have been through a number of emotions with me. They went through crying, laughter, sadness, happiness, solitude, etc. I would say these shoes carry the most with them. They actually broke today which is kind of sad.

Day 56:

Okay, so these were quite possibly the best deal ever! So Payless was having one of those buy-one-get-one-half-off deals and I was there and noticed a table with shoes that were $1. Would you have passed this up? So basically I paid less than $1 for these. I didn't see it then, but now I definitely see why they were $1 - so not cute!

Day 55:

These were my most recent Reef purchase. They are made with some sort of recycled materials, which makes them that much more cool. Not much to say but that I love that they are black. Maybe a girl needs a cute pair of black flips to bring some crazy to her life.

Day 54:

These flips were a gift from my mom in preparation for our celebratory trip to Maui. She took me when I graduated from college. She bought herself matching ones, which was a little odd for me being the age that I was. But, it was a mother-daughter bonding thing. They were my pool flips so they saw a ton of the water. If I could only bring myself back there every year my life would be complete.

Day 53:

These were received while I worked at the Boys and Girls Club. They have been my camping flip-flops because they are super comfortable and can handle the dirt. They have definitely seen their fair amount of dirt and rain. I also love that they are green!

Day 52:

I bought these to wear to the Elton John concert. I needed a taller black heal for my jeans. They aren't that comfortable so I hardly ever wear them. In fact just wearing them this one time I got 2 blisters just from walking from my apartment to my car and then from my car into my work building. They just need to be worn-in I guess.

Day 51:

I can't believe I still own these. I got these to wear with my favorite cute light pink dress. I wore these for my High School Junior Prom. Wow, that was so long ago. Crazy to think they still fit and are relatively comfortable. I know that dance had great memories and so these shoes had a great night that night.

Day 50:

I know that I bought these with the intent to wear these in Vegas and then I never ever wore them. So, I'm pretty sure that this is the first time these have been worn. I'll definitely have to wear them more because they are pretty comfortable. And, who doesn't want to wear a gold pair of heals.

Day 49:

These shoes are by far my worst purchase. I let some guy at the running store talk me into these and I totally regret it. I was able to have them last about 2.5 months. I then needed to rush out to buy a new pair of shoes just to run a 5K. Grrr! Sure, their teal and who wouldn't want that, but they gave my calfs the worst cramps possible. d

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger James said...

Never, never let someone talk you into running shoes!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home