Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Story Through Shoes - Part 6

I finally made it through the line of shoes sitting on my bedroom floor. I can't believe this is still going on! Well, actually I can :). No chit chat here...too many shoes to show off...

Day 48:

I bought these heels to go out for someone's birthday about 2 years ago. I have worn these with cute dresses and out on the town. It took me until now to get these shoes not to give me blisters. But I can say these shoes remind me of many nights of fun.

Day 47:

These were my Seafair Team Marathon shoes. Thank God they did away with that race! Love these shoes though! Mostly because their color is Chocolate - Need I say more?

Day 46:

Another pair of Old Navy flip flops! I bought these in my Senior year at PLU just before I graduated. I specifically bought them to wear with a pair of sage green capri's and a cute little black tank top. Is it sad that I know the first time I wore almost every pair of shoes I own?

Day 45:

These are an old pair of workout shoes. Once I figured out I highly dislike Nike shoes as running shoes these got put away. Well, these ones are so comfortable! So I think I'll bring these out a little more. See what steps these can take.

Day 44:

I have no idea how long I have owned these. I'm sure since High School. I don't think I've worn them in a year. Not sure why I even keep these. But I know they have seen better days!

Day 43:

These are so ugly! I bought these in High School as well. They were purchased I believe for a Homecoming dance or something. They definitely haven't been worn in at least a year. Not super comfortable but they were great today for my long jeans. I am starting to notice that I hold on to shoes for a long time no matter if they're still in style or not.

Day 42:

These have got to be my favorite Pumas. I saw these in the store and decided I couldn't buy them. Then I left and immediately began to regret my decision. I kept them on mind for weeks. Then I received a $100 Visa Gift Card from Rent.com. Hence why I own the shoes now! Whenever I wear these I feel so free. I feel like I should skip everywhere I go!

Day 41:

Yes, another pair of Asics! These were for my second half in Portland. These brought me my PR so I will forever love these shoes. A little cute that they are red, the symbol for love! I think I could sleep in these shoes and my feet would smile. Not everyone can say that about shoes.

Day 40:

Once again another pair of Old Navy flip flops. I think I bought these to match some crazy outfit. I tend to buy shoes that stand out sometimes so these must have stood out to me. I haven't worn these much so they still have that new feel. Well, you know the new I'm talking about when it comes to Old Navy flip flops. That hard foam that makes you feel like you just bought the best shoes...then you wear them like 10 times and realize you were extremely over zealous about it.

Day 39:

Reef's once again! These are so comfortable it's crazy. They feel almost like slippers for your summer feet! I went on a small adventure to buy these ones. While on a vacation to Ft. Lauderdale with my brother and sister I wanted to take a drive by myself for a while down the A1A. So, I took a little drive and saw this super cute surf shop by a Ben and Jerrys. So of course I stopped, and, well, that says it all. I walked out with a pair for me and a pair for my mom.

Day 38:

Well, as sad as it is, these were a result of shopping therapy. They are the newest addition. I love, love, love these shoes. If I could wear them every day I would. I feel bold and beautiful when these are one and perhaps that is the most important thing about these shoes right now.

Day 37:

Just a little pair of brown flippy shoes meant for a super casual dress. I bought these to match a new shirt I had bought to wear in NY. Well, of course my plan failed when I didn't have room to take the shoes to NY. I was then left with a pair of shoes that didn't have a purpose in my closet. Of course I kept them and now just wear them with a fun outfit.

Day 36:

My favorite black boots...oh wait...my only black boots! I love them though. A friend of mine gave these to me as a random hand-me-down. They had hardly been worn so it was a perfect deal for me. I have now worn them so much one of the heels is broken and if i lean back on the heels (I usually do this out of habit) too far the right one almost folds right under the actual shoe part.

Day 35:

These ones were a birthday gift from an ex-boyfriend. I've kept them I think almost 5 years looking almost as new as the day I bought them. I love these just as much as I love my green pumas. My favorite time to wear these is during the fall. For some reason they just make me think of Nonfat, No Whip Pumpkin Spice Lattes, colorful leaves, and pumpkin patches.

Day 34:

Yet another pair of Old Navy flip flops. They definitely don't have too much going for them except they sit in my shoe rack and only get worn to the mailbox sometimes. But, they are one of my favorite colors, so I hold on to them still.

Day 33:

These Old Navy flip flops were purchased on a whim with the intent to just pick up a pair of brown flip-flops. I bought these as an accessory to my brown belt. I think these flip-flops pushed me to purchasing the brown Reef's that I own. Why own just one brown flip-flop, right?

Day 32:

These little red heels were purchased on a whim. Saw them on a rack and tried them on then purchased. So here we are. I recently have become highly attracted to colorful shoes that can be worn with my emotions.

This post took me two days to type and I'm nearing the end. I really am learning a lot about myself and my life through shoes. Maybe you should try this experiment with something you own an overabundance of. Jackets? Rings? I feel like I am reliving the past and remembering every time I have worn each pair of shoes. It brings up all kinds of memories along the way. Plus, it's been fun trying to find outfits to match shoes rather than shoes to match my outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home