Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Story Through Shoes

Well, some of you have heard and some of you haven't. It all started with a challenge from my boyfriend and a little encouragement from a few friends, and now it's become more fun than I ever thought. The challenge was to wear one different pair of shoes each day not to repeat until I have cycled through my entire collection of shoes. I'm going to see how long it takes to go through my entire collection of shoes. I would like to document what I have learned about each shoe and perhaps what I have learned about myself and the world around me through the shoes I have purchased/kept over the years.

Day 1:

I bought these shoes on my way to a wine tasting instead of buying a present for my mom (oops!). They fit entirely in with the Wine Tasting crowd and are perfect for work. Quite possibly one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own.

Day 2:

Sketchers sure do know how to make good shoes. These are not only casual, comfortable, cushy, and work-appropriate they are also super fun! Yeah, I tend to definitely have some fun shoes and hopefully you'll see that in the rest of my shoes. I love these shoes and could wear them all the time if possible.

Day 3:

These are my first of many DSW purchases. I discovered DSW and these one pair of shoes alone are what kept me going back. Lot's of character in these shoes and lot's of memories of many restaurants and nights out. Believe it or not, they too are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own.

Day 4:

Yes, folks I have owned these shoes since I believe the 10th or 11th grade. Yes, they are quite possibly one of the ugliest shoes I still own. But, I can't for some reason get rid of them. They are super comfortable and work perfectly with my Target Jeans (yes Target does have great jeans). Plus they are sort of the lame workish shoe that unfortunately every girl still owns. For now they still get worn every once in a while.

Day 5:

Another fabulous DSW purchase. Steve Maddens that I loved at first until I realized that my feet hate them. It was only this day that I realized these shoes want my feet to end the day with 4 blisters and never see the shoes again. Despite this, it was really fun finding an outfit to match these shoes. Once I find a way to avoid the blisters I'll wear these ones all the time.

Day 6:

These were Half Marathon number 2. The Seattle Half brought these shoes to life and let them trek quite the distance. These also were my first pair of Asics and the pair of shoes that tought me that Asics are the best running shoes for my feet. I couldn't love these more.

Day 7:

A DSW purchase yet again. I bought these with the intent to have more comfortable shoes for work. Plus, it didn't hurt to have some cute brown flats for any necessary occasion. These for sure make my feet smile - If feet can smile that is. My note to people is that everyone should have at least one pair of brown flats. They go great with jeans, skirts, capris and shorts. Why wouldn't you want a pair?

Day 8:

MY FIRST REEFS! I purchased these Reefs at a "Going Out of Business" Sale at a surf shop in Scotts Valley, CA while working at Mission Springs. It was the same summer I learned to surf, discovered Jack Johnson, made lifelong friendships and learned how awesome running is (especially when near the ocean). These Reefs have been everything I have ever wanted in a flip-flop and more.

Day 9:

I bought these Steve Maddens at Nordstrom Rack with the boy and a really good friend. It was a great shopping day with two fantastic people. I'm starting to see that I'm not only attracted to fun shoes but the classy shoes with a little flair as well. Oh, and not to forget that good ol' Steve has designed some pretty awesome shoes. I can't wait to buy some more.

Day 10:

One of four of the most recent purchase. I saw these in an ad and had to have them. These are the shoes that actually started this whole challenge. I went to buy these shoes and left with four pairs of shoes...Eek! I wear my personality in my shoes and probably always have. Maybe I was feeling bold the day I bought these, but red shoes for sure say, "Me"!

Day 11:

Flats purchased in 2005 some time while shopping with an Ex. I honestly don't think I've worn these shoes in more than 6 months. This little challenge sure is forcing me to wear all the shoes I haven't worn in a while. These are slightly too big and a little crazy, but I re-learned just how comfortable they really are. I'll definitely be busting these out more.

Day 12:

These were a spur-of-the-moment purchase. Puma's that I only wear with the right outfit because they are a light shade of green and brown. So comfortable and sort of warms my soul every time I put my feet in them. It must be noted that this picture was taken while at the Mariner/Yankee game - Yes, the Mariners won!!

Day 13:

My second pair of Reefs! The bottle openers on the bottom were a huge sell to the family and friends. These too are one of the most comfortable flip-flops I own. This purchase was encouraged by the boy about two years ago. I couldn't regret this purchase less. The best part about these...my two favorite colors!!

Day 14:

Borns!!! I bought these to have a pair of more dressy brown flip-flops. Wearing them is for sure like walking on air. I could wear these all the time. They are right up there with every pair of Reef's I own.

So far, I've learned that I buy shoes for comfort and for style. Do they match an outfit? Can I create an outfit to match my shoes? I am a shoe hound and love having shoes for every outfit...hence the challenge. But, maybe the character in my shoes only goes to show that I love being spontaneous and fun.

More to come!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger technical76 said...

Wow you really like your shoes. I've got 4 pairs and that's all I need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home